Author Topic: New Memeber  (Read 720 times)

_Jay_

• Chicken Strip
New Memeber
« on: October 21, 2014, 03:04:19 PM »
Hey all. My name is Jason. I'm 37 yrs old and I live in Freehold. I was referred here by Ron from Xtreme after going on one of their group rides. I just came back to riding after taking a 4 year break. Prior to that I rode for about 6 years (and about 15,000 miles) on a few different bikes.  I have always been a sportbike guy at heart.  I had an '01 GSXR600 as my first bike. Looking back now, it seems like such a boat compared to the current production sportbikes. I rode it about a year before I went into Freehold Honda and saw Kevin and traded it in on an '06 CBR600RR. Man, what a great ride that was. I really learned a lot on that bike about throttle control and riding position. A little more than a year later, I went back to see if I could trade that in on a Daytona 675 (I fell in love with that bike), but instead got a great deal on a leftover '06 1000RR (this was just after a car had crashed through their showroom window I think). Rode that thing for a few years. Although the power delivery was incredible on the 1000RR, it was not as enjoyable to ride as the 600RR was. I ended up getting rid of it for financial reasons and took a long hiatus from riding while we sorted out our finances. I recently was given the opportunity to buy my brother's '09 ZX6R that he got from Xtreme last year. The price was good and I couldn't resist the urge to ride any longer so I scooped it up and have been having a great time with it for the past few months. I thought after riding the Liter bike for 3 years, I would be more disappointed with the 600, but I am not at all. It's got great power and is buttery smooth. Eventually, I'd love to get my hands on a 675 (Love that Triple) but for now, I am content on the Ninja. Sorry for the novel!

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 05:15:15 PM by _Jay_ »
Previous Rides:
'01 GSXR600
'06 CBR600RR
'06 CBR1000RR

Current Ride:
'09 ZX6R (Black)

Capo

• Sr. Road Captain
Re: New Memeber
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 05:09:40 PM »
Jay, welcome to NJRATS, and I look forward to riding with you. Nice bike you've got! We have a good, diverse group, and you'll enjoy the company and our spirited rides.
Triumphs
Hondas
A Norton & A Ducati
And an old Moto Morini

skis_tenfidy

• Peg Scraper
  • Time waits for no one and it won't wait for me!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 08:11:57 PM »
Hi Jay! Welcome and we look forward to riding with you. Is that triple Black paint?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 09:11:30 PM »
Welcome to the board Jay!  Sorry I took so long to approve your account but I was traveling all week last week and it just slipped my mind.  Glad you got back into riding and found a bike that's right for you.  Stick around here and you'll pick up some good info from guys who have been riding for many years and have many miles on their wheels. Keep an eye on our "Short Notice Rides" and "Events" boards for stuff that we're doing.  I'm also in Freehold, so maybe I'll see you on the road soon!

Ski:  I think BMW has trademarked the "Triple Black" color scheme!   ;D
Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside.
-Valentino Rossi

Xtreme Ron

• Road Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 10:11:31 PM »
Ski:  I think BMW has trademarked the "Triple Black" color scheme!   ;D
Are you sure it wasn't one of the American distillers (Jack, Jim, or Johnnie)? I actually might have them in my cabinet! 8)
Jay: Glad you finally got on. Looking forward to riding with you again!

Capo

• Sr. Road Captain
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 11:25:58 AM »
Ski, you've been dreaming of the 3B for two years now. and guess what, it's still available. You should come back to the TT and reunite: http://www.jasongriffiths.im/used-bikes/bmw-f800-gs-triple-black-2012/
Triumphs
Hondas
A Norton & A Ducati
And an old Moto Morini