Author Topic: Track Bodywork Completed!  (Read 958 times)

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
Re: Track Bodywork Completed!
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 02:37:04 PM »
Looks cool while standing still. What's the story behind #64?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, when I was talking to the painter about the colors he said he would make up number plates for me and asked what number I wanted.  I hadn't thought about it at all, which I guess he realized by my blank stare.  So he said a lot of guys use their anniversary date.  Mine is June 4th.  I figured Joanne would like that so it would be a win-win!  Then I quickly realized it was also Rossi's number with the digits inverted - pretty cool!  And for us guys in the tech business you know we can't go wrong with any number that's multiple of 8 (a byte of data).  Those three things all went through my head in about 5 seconds and I just said let's go with 64.  Plus, I couldn't think of any pro riders in the premier classes with that number and since I don't want to draw comments from guys at the track about it, I figured that's a plus as well.  I guess we just have to wait and see if it turns out to be lucky for me this year... 
Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside.
-Valentino Rossi

Jamhar24

• Sr. Road Captain
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 06:20:44 PM »
🖒🖒🖒🖒
LetsGoRIDDEN!!!!
2009 Kawasaki KLE 650 Versys
2017 Kawasaki ZR900

skis_tenfidy

• Peg Scraper
  • Time waits for no one and it won't wait for me!
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 06:52:55 PM »
That's a gem of a story and I'm sure Joanne appreciates #64!

Capo

• Sr. Road Captain
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 06:33:25 PM »
Not as much as she appreciates the gems John had to buy her to make it all good!!

Triumphs
Hondas
A Norton & A Ducati
And an old Moto Morini

Jamhar24

• Sr. Road Captain
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2017, 02:16:54 AM »
That's probably why he won't purchase a cafe bike this year. The jewelry costs more than the bike!
LetsGoRIDDEN!!!!
2009 Kawasaki KLE 650 Versys
2017 Kawasaki ZR900

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 08:02:28 AM »
That's probably why he won't purchase a cafe bike this year. The jewelry costs more than the bike!
That's actually not a joke, but I think she's pretty satisfied right now with the upgrades - so I should be able to get back to allocating funds to motorcycles!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside.
-Valentino Rossi