Author Topic: Track day video  (Read 191 times)

Terry Two Cakes

• Sr. Road Captain
Track day video
« on: May 02, 2017, 03:00:05 PM »
https://youtu.be/ZuebCSRgm58

This short video is of me on the last track day.
It's shot from behind by CCS racer we met that day named Allard.
It demonstrates how NOT to ride.
Lines are wrong. Body positions are wrong. Going too slow. And a million other things.
It is very helpful to know what you are actually doing on tape.
I need to work on a lot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Versys 650 2014
Monster 796 2012

Capo

• Sr. Road Captain
Re: Track day video
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 08:29:06 PM »
Hey, man, don't be so hard on yourself. You had it up to almost 40 mph in some of those turns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Triumphs
Hondas
A Norton & A Ducati
And an old Moto Morini

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 08:31:30 PM »
Cool - you have the right idea.  Turning in and apexing a little early on some of those corners.  You can definitely get off the bike more and carry more speed through the corners - same things I have to work on.   Did he get you on the straight?  The video cuts off just as he's setting up to pass you...

Here's one of my laps from a year ago in POV perspective - I've picked up a lot since then:

The next video that comes up is Allard's CCS race - it's pretty fun to watch and there's a spectacular crash in the chicane about two minutes in.  His lines aren't all that great, although that race looked like a bit of a free for all.  I'll put my GoPro back on for the next track day, so maybe I can get some shots of Don scraping up his knee pucks!  I used the mount for my lap timer so I'll have to figure something out for the camera.

Bart, who did the paint on my 675s bodywork, races in the lightweight superstock twins class with a heavily modified SV650.  He turned a 1:29 and change on Thunderbolt in his race and got third, but that's some serious pace for a bike with probably 25hp less than our 675s.  Don, just so you know, you need a sub 1:29:99 pace to get in the black (expert) group - so now you have something to shoot for!  He said the guys at the very back of the pack run about 1:39 - 1:40.  I think that's attainable for us by the end of the season, but it's going to take some work...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 09:51:03 PM by John San »
Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside.
-Valentino Rossi

Terry Two Cakes

• Sr. Road Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 09:08:57 PM »
Thanks guys. The CCS racer had asked me so let him pass on the main strait and the follow him for a lap. Which I  did but his lines were not working for me so I stopped.
I think that this video is very educational for me. I think I will have to invest in a gopro so I cam analyze my riding better.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Versys 650 2014
Monster 796 2012

Don Da Loop

• Cruiser
  • Aprilia RsV4 2013. Life is Good living in the LOOP
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 09:10:32 PM »
We all have a long way to go  8) It's all about the journey !

Jamhar24

• Sr. Road Captain
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 08:34:34 AM »
Hopefully we all become better riders.
LetsGoRIDDEN!!!!
2009 Kawasaki KLE 650 Versys
2017 Kawasaki ZR900