Linked Events

• Thunderbolt Track Day: July 24, 2017

Author Topic: Thunderbolt Track Day - 7-24-2017  (Read 387 times)

skis_tenfidy

• Peg Scraper
  • Time waits for no one and it won't wait for me!
Re: Thunderbolt Track Day - 7-24-2017
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 05:17:46 PM »
Great write up John and I hope to get out there in Sept.
That pass would get anyone's adrenaline pumping and good to see that you kept your focus on riding.
Ride, Enjoy, Discuss, Repeat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2017, 08:27:21 PM »
Great write up John and I hope to get out there in Sept.
That pass would get anyone's adrenaline pumping and good to see that you kept your focus on riding.
Ride, Enjoy, Discuss, Repeat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, it was more intense than it looked from the video.   The camera seems to make everything look farther away than it really is.   Plus we're hauling down from 130mph to get through turn one so there are some serious forces in play as that's all going down.  Would love to see you out there in September, I know you would have a great time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside.
-Valentino Rossi

Capo

• Sr. Road Captain
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 08:59:23 PM »
Maybe Jerry was the Thruxton R owner?!  Cool stuff, I need to get the Daytona down there and hopefully will have time after my LA / college trip in August. 
Triumphs
Hondas
A Norton & A Ducati
And an old Moto Morini

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2017, 10:31:20 PM »
Maybe Jerry was the Thruxton R owner?!  Cool stuff, I need to get the Daytona down there and hopefully will have time after my LA / college trip in August.

Not sure what happened with that Thruxton guy - I just felt really bad because it was his first session of the day and maybe even his first lap.  Despite my fucked up tire pressures during the first session the track was damp and a little slippery.  A lot of guys didn't even go out in the first sessions because of that.

You definitely need to get a piece of this action though.  We know the ropes as good as anyone down at Tbolt now.  Once you get the Daytona down to Mark all you'll need to do is show up with your gear and we'll get you rolling.  There's nothing like it - totally addictive.

August is a little light on Tbolt days, but I'm looking at 8/14 & 8/28 at minimum right now.  More action scheduled for September...   
Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside.
-Valentino Rossi