Linked Events

• TPM Track Day at Tbolt: October 11, 2017

Author Topic: TPM Track Day - Wednesday, 10/11  (Read 220 times)

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
TPM Track Day - Wednesday, 10/11
« on: September 20, 2017, 08:33:40 PM »
******Rescheduled to Wednesday 10/11 due to rain*******

Terry Two Cakes and I are booked in for Monday, Oct. 9th with TPM on Thunderbolt.  We've got garage 116 reserved for this date, so post up and join us!  There are only a few dates left for the 2017 season and it's a long way to April 2018!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 07:49:06 PM by John San »
Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside.
-Valentino Rossi

Don Da Loop

• Cruiser
  • Aprilia RsV4 2013. Life is Good living in the LOOP
Re: TPM Track Day - Monday, 10/9
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 08:54:32 AM »
Booked ;)

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
Re: TPM Track Day - Monday, 10/9
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 07:47:40 PM »
This one was a washout - none of us went because of the crappy weather.  Don and I have rescheduled for this Wednesday 10/11 at Tbolt instead.  We'll be in garage 116.
Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside.
-Valentino Rossi

Jamhar24

• Sr. Road Captain
Re: TPM Track Day - Wednesday, 10/11
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 12:53:16 PM »
If I feel up to it I'll drive down tomarrow.
LetsGoRIDDEN!!!!
2009 Kawasaki KLE 650 Versys
2017 Kawasaki ZR900

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 07:24:07 PM »
If I feel up to it I'll drive down tomarrow.
Cool.  The weather doesn't look great for tomorrow either, best chance for getting in some track time looks like it will be in the AM. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

-Valentino Rossi

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 10:56:13 PM »
Wednesday turned out to be a great day!  It looked a little shaky in the AM - rain was coming down as we sat in the rider's meeting and no one really went out in first two rotations.  But the rain stopped and a light breeze kicked up to help dry the track so riders started venturing out to test the track and grip levels.  JamHar showed up to hang with me and Don and provide some technical support when Don's R6 wouldn't start due to a flat battery.  We finally got that sorted and could start focusing on the real reason we were there.  My first session was cautious as I tried to get a feel for what areas were damp and what wasn't.  It turned out not to be too bad, the race line was pretty dry and there was no standing water, I just had to be careful if I ventured out trying to make a pass.  By the time my next session rolled around the track was fully dry and we were off to the races!

Jim and I drove out to the chicane bleachers during one of Don's advanced group sessions to watch him hammer the Yamaha through those corners and over wheelie hill.  He looks like a MotoAmerica racer blasting through there!  Overall Don improved his personal best to a 1:32.8 I think - that's fast!  I had my most consistent day yet, and even though I didn't set a new best lap time I was running 1:42s and 1:41s every lap which is really good pace for me considering a 1:40.1 is my personal best at this point.  If we have good weather and a relatively warm track on the last track weekend of the season I think I can make a break into the high 1:30s.  I'll certainly push for it!

Bala, a guy we've been hanging with for the past couple of years at the track had a crash on his last session of the day.  Apparently, his 675R was leaking coolant and it got on his tires coming through the chicane.  He just basically slid off the track.  He came out of it relatively unscathed but his bike was pretty banged up - some extra work for Markbuilt during the off season!

Looking forward to the final track weekend of the season coming up on October 28th and 29th!  See the thread I have started on that topic for details.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 11:14:28 PM by John San »
-Valentino Rossi

Don Da Loop

• Cruiser
  • Aprilia RsV4 2013. Life is Good living in the LOOP
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 11:15:53 AM »
Great day - with more to come !!!!  8)

Jamhar24

• Sr. Road Captain
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2017, 05:31:48 PM »
Nice write up as always John. City was good to get out for the day. As usual glad to lend a hand.
LetsGoRIDDEN!!!!
2009 Kawasaki KLE 650 Versys
2017 Kawasaki ZR900

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2017, 06:58:58 PM »
Nice write up as always John. City was good to get out for the day. As usual glad to lend a hand.
Glad to have you out there Jim.  Now you know exactly what to expect when you get your bike on the track next season!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

-Valentino Rossi