Author Topic: Hi from Princeton and The Netherlands  (Read 240 times)

Lucas

• Chicken Strip
Hi from Princeton and The Netherlands
« on: September 06, 2017, 04:35:16 PM »
Hi there,

My name is Luc and I just moved in to Princeton from the Netherlands with my family 2 months ago.
We are gonna be here for a period of 2 to 3 years.
Sold my KTM Superduke in the Netherlands before we came here and was more then 3 months without a bike, horrible!
First thing was to look for another one in the US, and found a nice KTM SMT, so finally riding again.
I haven been riding for almost 30 years now, on lot of different bikes, like Honda's CBR, VFR and VTR, also  Aprilia's RSV Mille, and a couple of KTM's.
Bumped into Jim a few weeks ago at Mt Holly Motorsports and he told me about the NJRATS.
Liked his stories a very much so decided to join in.
Hopefully we meet soon for a nice ride!

See u,
Luc.

Jamhar24

• Sr. Road Captain
Re: Hi from Princeton and The Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 05:07:15 PM »
Glad to see you signed up Luc. Welcome to our forum and the USA. Hope to see you on a ride soon.
Just keep your eyes on the forum for info on rides.
We're going down to Millville for the Moto America race's on Sunday. I'll post the plan soon!
LetsGoRIDDEN!!!!
2009 Kawasaki KLE 650 Versys
2017 Kawasaki ZR900

Terry Two Cakes

• Sr. Road Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 05:51:30 PM »
Welcome aboard Luc.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Versys 650 2014
Monster 796 2012

Xtreme Ron

• Road Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 08:01:22 PM »
Welcome to NJ RATS and the good ole USA!

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 08:03:51 PM »
Hey Luc - great to have you on board.  Yeah, we have some stories around here.  Monday's ride from just two days ago was a mini adventure with Don's Aprilia acting up - check the ride report on that one.

I always wanted an SM-T from the time KTM introduced that model, just never got around to picking one up.  A few years ago I picked up an 1190 Adventure and absolutely love the bike.  I'm super impressed with the quality and performance of the KTM.  I like it so much that I would consider getting a Superduke as well, or maybe the new 790 Duke that's scheduled to appear next year in the U.S.  Will need to do something to replace the Ducati Monster that just got totaled a few weeks ago...   :(

Keep your eyes on the events and rides boards and hopefully we'll meet up soon!
Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside.
-Valentino Rossi

Capo

• Sr. Road Captain
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 08:26:11 PM »
Welcome, Luc! We look forward to you joining us for some spirited rides! You'll enjoy this crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Triumphs
Hondas
A Norton & A Ducati
And an old Moto Morini

Lucas

• Chicken Strip
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 09:15:03 PM »
Thanks guys, looking forward to meeting you all!
Checked the ride report on the labor day ride, except for the problems with the Aprilia, it seemed to be a nice ride.
Had my own little adventure on labor day, unfortunally.
Took the bike out for a short ride north, and apparantly was driving 56 on a 40 MPH road. Missed the sign on that one. Police followed me for 10 minutes or so, I really did not see them in quite heavy traffic. According to the cop who stopped me, I also crossed a double yellow and did not stop completely at a stopsign.
Lucky for me he was a biker himself and was impressed that I had full gear on on that hot day, and liked the KTM, so gave me a warning for the speed, but a ticket for Careless driving.
Have to go to Court for that an cost me 2 points on my brand new NJ drivers licence.
Never been to court in my life, so that will be a new experience.
Any tips how to handle that?
Greetings,
Luc.

Jamhar24

• Sr. Road Captain
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 05:21:57 AM »
Iuk plead not guilty.  When you go to court talk to the prosecutor and ask him if he would change it to a non moving violation. The fine will slightly more but no points on your license.
LetsGoRIDDEN!!!!
2017 Kawasaki ZR900

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 08:06:28 AM »
Agree with Jim on this, you can probably get it knocked down to a non moving offence.  Giving you a ticket for careless driving sounds like a douche move to me based on the situation you  describe.  I can sit out on Main St. in Freehold and watch a dozen drivers cross the double yellow in the time it takes me to drink one beer!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside.
-Valentino Rossi

roccoaloe78

• Chicken Strip
Hi from Princeton and The Netherlands
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 10:11:55 AM »
Welcome on board Luc. Sorry to hear about the ticket. Doing what Jim said and you will be fine. Looking forward to meet you on our next ride!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 10:14:38 AM by roccoaloe78 »
2009 Kawasaki Z1000

Edge

• Chicken Strip
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 05:30:08 PM »
Hi Luc - you might be Luc(ky)!  I got a ticket for not stopping at a bogus Stop Sign (at a junction on a priority road).  The cop was sat waiting for me (and probably twenty other people that day) who went through the sign without noticing until it was too late.
I paid the fine, but they never administered the points - because it COSTS them money to process your licence etc.
They were clearly just out to raise $80 for their donut fund that day.
Wait and see...
2012 Street Triple R

skis_tenfidy

• Peg Scraper
  • Time waits for no one and it won't wait for me!
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2017, 12:36:30 AM »
Welcome to the U.S. Luc. The court just wants your money $$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucas

• Chicken Strip
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 09:14:02 PM »
So, been to court yesterday. They kept me for more than 3 hours, but got away with no points on my licence and a fine of "only" $439.
Guess it is all about the money.

See you all later,
Luc.

Jamhar24

• Sr. Road Captain
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 08:25:26 AM »
Welcome to America!
LetsGoRIDDEN!!!!
2017 Kawasaki ZR900