Author Topic: Sad little RAT  (Read 3303 times)

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
Re: Sad little RAT
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 03:16:08 PM »
Yeah, in southern Jersey there is a legend about the "Jersey Devil" -  its been around ever since I was a kid.  I guess they drew their inspiration for the "Devil Rat" from that legend...

Here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Devil
Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside.
-Valentino Rossi

RumRunner

• Chicken Strip
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 03:38:08 PM »
Yeah, in southern Jersey there is a legend about the "Jersey Devil" -  its been around ever since I was a kid.  I guess they drew their inspiration for the "Devil Rat" from that legend...

Here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Devil

I want to say that I watched something about that on TV at some point, but can't remember....

JustJohn

• Chicken Strip
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 09:21:54 PM »
I'm a little late...but "Rat" banned me after 2 posts. So trying to fit in here. I was just trying to justify a new member being sent to banned camp and got banned myself. Not sure what else to say...except some of there Mods need to get strapped to Gurneys and castrated with rusty fishing knives.

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2014, 09:52:52 PM »
We're generally an agreeable bunch here, as you stay reasonably on topic and refrain from flaming other members for no reason you should be fine.

Our general rules can be found here: http://njrats.com/index.php?topic=8.0

Also of interest should be Bill's Last Words:  http://njrats.com/index.php?topic=138.0

As far as riding with us, you can read up on some of our rides and riding styles on the short notice board.  And don't miss the pinned topics over on the Billosophy board. 

Welcome, and be sure to post an introduction in the the New Members area.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 09:54:56 PM by John San »
Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside.
-Valentino Rossi

BDKrivit

• Cruiser
    • ChamberMusicNY
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 05:13:24 AM »
Sorry to zombie this but after reading the OP, 2 thoughts from a former small business owner:
1.  Liability.  The uncapped exposure to group rides and the inability to insure yourself/business at anything but custom coverage (you make a private policy for the event each time with a Lloyd's of London-style brokerage).  I think things like Americade must spend a fortune insuring themselves for a week in Lake George, literally probably a $1MM premium or more for a week of coverage.  That was IMHO the RAT riding killer on the dealer and Triumph NA level.

2.  The internet and the cost of energy killed our Spirit magazine.  It has bankrupted several paper companies recently; the cost of the energy to make paper has made print publishers drop print for online delivery.  While I miss bike mags, again, I get the math.  I have paper printed often and it is experiencing inflation like no other commodity recently except sugar and chocolate (get ready to get bent over buying candy next week).
2014 Tiger 800 XC
IBA# 53256
2012 Minuteman 1000
2013, '14 & '15 Nutmeg 400
2014 BunBurner 1500

Capo

• Sr. Road Captain
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 06:18:35 AM »
I've gone almost entirely electronic on mags now through Zinio and Newsstand, and the e- versions of bike mags are great. Bike (UK) in particular, has a fantastic interactive experience. Spirit is a good online/ e- reader as well, so, I'm OK with the publications that make the jump and do it well. As for sugar, I've hoarded candy corn, so I should make it through that particular asset bubble unscathed.
Triumphs
Hondas
A Norton & A Ducati
And an old Moto Morini