Author Topic: New Clutch Release...  (Read 502 times)

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
New Clutch Release...
« on: April 12, 2013, 06:30:10 PM »
This is a pretty dead board, so I thought I'd add something to more or less justify it's existence...

Clutch's new release Earth Rocker completely rocks!  I've been a fan of these guys for about decade and their foray into a more bluesy style over the last few years hasn't been my favorite period in their history - but the 3 year wait for this new disc has been worth it!  Now I'm sorry I missed them when they passed through our area a few months ago!  They haven't rocked this hard since Robot Hive/Exodus around 2005.  This new bunch of tracks is even more stripped down and straight head rocking.  They've really melded their early hard rock style with the heavy blues they've been doing for the last few years to create an in-your-face monster riff fest that barely breaks stride from beginning to end.  Neil Fallon's lyrics are just as quirky and clever as ever and delivered with the swagger and muscle he's always been known for.   They're not breaking any new ground here, but only wily veteran rockers like Clutch can pull off a straight ahead heavy groove fest like this.  On the short list of my favorite albums of 2013 so far!   8) 
Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside.
-Valentino Rossi

ThruxNJ

• Road Captain
Re: New Clutch Release...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 06:58:50 PM »
Ive seen them live a few times most recently last month when i was in Nashville at the marathon. A buddy of mine is thier publicist.  Ironically I own known of their records lol I do however enjoy them immensely

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 07:07:33 PM by ThruxNJ »
1973 Honda CB750
1983 Honda VF750 Interceptor (Can I bring her back?)
2005 Triumph Thruxton
2014 Triumph Tiger XC

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
Re: New Clutch Release...
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 07:10:37 PM »
I've seen them a few times too, but missed them on this last tour.   You should definitely have Pure Rock Fury, Robot Hive/Exodus and the new one, Earth Rocker, in your collection.
Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside.
-Valentino Rossi