Author Topic: Paul Kantner  (Read 685 times)

Xtreme Ron

• Road Captain

Terry Two Cakes

• Sr. Road Captain
Re: Paul Kantner
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 07:20:50 AM »
I guess they are all getting to that age.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Versys 650 2014
Monster 796 2012

Jamhar24

• Sr. Road Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 08:07:28 AM »
Who's next?  :-\
LetsGoRIDDEN!!!!
2009 Kawasaki KLE 650 Versys
2017 Kawasaki ZR900

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 10:51:46 AM »
Yeah, saw that last night.  They are getting older, yes.  But don't forget that most of these guys, although cleaned up in there later years, abused themselves quite a bit in their younger days.  I'm sure DocHunt will agree that those excesses of youth usually cost you a few years at the end of your life.  Unless, of course you are Kieth Richards.   Actually, maybe the key is to just keep doing all that stuff...

- sent from my Moto X Android device.

Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside.
-Valentino Rossi

Edge

• Chicken Strip
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 11:43:47 AM »
Jefferson Starship were on the line-up for a festival in Sussex County this summer. Hope they can get by without him.
Kansas are headlining on the Sat.  Steve Walsh 'retired' last year, but there's a couple of other original members.
Hope I can add them to my list before it's too late.
2012 Street Triple R

Terry Two Cakes

• Sr. Road Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 01:39:14 PM »
Yeah, saw that last night.  They are getting older, yes.  But don't forget that most of these guys, although cleaned up in there later years, abused themselves quite a bit in their younger days.  I'm sure DocHunt will agree that those excesses of youth usually cost you a few years at the end of your life.  Unless, of course you are Kieth Richards.   Actually, maybe the key is to just keep doing all that stuff...

- sent from my Moto X Android device.
Keith Richards is like a cockroach. Very hard to kill. When he does die people will line up to smoke and snort his ashes

Versys 650 2014
Monster 796 2012

Xtreme Ron

• Road Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 07:45:46 PM »
don't forget that most of these guys, although cleaned up in there later years, abused themselves quite a bit in their younger days.  I'm sure DocHunt will agree that those excesses of youth usually cost you a few years at the end of your life.

So you're saying some of us should be concerned? ::)

Actually, maybe the key is to just keep doing all that stuff...

Now that's a suggestion 8)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 07:47:34 PM by Xtreme Ron »

Xtreme Ron

• Road Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 07:50:34 PM »
Keith Richards is like a cockroach. Very hard to kill. When he does die people will line up to smoke and snort his ashes

"Roll me up and smoke me when I die"
                         - Willie Nelson

Tremainiac

• Road Captain
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 11:15:52 PM »
don't forget that most of these guys, although cleaned up in there later years, abused themselves quite a bit in their younger days.  I'm sure DocHunt will agree that those excesses of youth usually cost you a few years at the end of your life.

So you're saying some of us should be concerned? ::)

Actually, maybe the key is to just keep doing all that stuff...

Too late to be concerned... My own mother was surprised when I made 30... I'm shocked  I doubled it.... But not dismayed.  As to taking years off your life... Meh! It's the drooling years. Not like you get the 20-28 span back. Like Hunter said, "Rather be shot out of cannon than squeezed out of tube."

Now that's a suggestion 8)
Hey Mister... My sister has a Harley just like yours!

njloco

• Squid
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2016, 11:29:11 AM »
Yep, it's the changing of the guard, time marches on !

Capo

• Sr. Road Captain
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2016, 03:45:50 PM »
Pretty cool vid, I've never seen before. A surprise rooftop concert by the Airplane in NYC in '68. Pre-dates the Beatles 'Get Back' version by a few years. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYr5D4lqC0w&feature=youtu.be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Triumphs
Hondas
A Norton & A Ducati
And an old Moto Morini

Terry Two Cakes

• Sr. Road Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2016, 07:07:12 PM »
Looks like the Beatles ripped this off

Versys 650 2014