Author Topic: Steven Wilson  (Read 989 times)

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
Steven Wilson
« on: July 04, 2012, 11:08:24 PM »
For those interested, there is a great article and interview with Steven Wilson in the August issue of Guitar Player.  Wilson is one of my modern musical heroes and he gives some great insights into his current writing/recording projects as well the amazing work he has done remastering classic albums like Tull's Aqualung and King Crimson's Lizard. 
Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside.
-Valentino Rossi

Adam

• Road Captain
Re: Steven Wilson
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 11:18:06 PM »
thanks, I'm a huge porcupine tree fan.   I'm always baffled as to why more people aren't familiar with this guy

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 11:41:10 PM »
Right, I know we've talked about Porcupine Tree.  As far as their popularity see this post: http://njrats.com/index.php?topic=890.0
Riding a race bike is an art - a thing that you do because you feel something inside.
-Valentino Rossi

Adam

• Road Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 12:36:33 PM »
I'm sure you are aware, but Steven Wilson has this project called blackfield.  I'm listening to the album blackfield II right now and I like it a lot.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 12:41:58 PM by Adam »

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 05:37:59 PM »
Yeah, I was never that fond of the Blackfield stuff.  I have both of the CDs but it's been a while since I've listened to them, so maybe it's time for a revisit...

Sent from my Motorola Atrix using Tapatalk2

-Valentino Rossi

Adam

• Road Captain
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 07:26:03 PM »
there are actually 3 studio albums, plus a live album from a show they did in nyc.

The first 2 and the live album are on MOG music, and the third is available on amazon.

John San

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 08:55:39 PM »
Didn't realize that.  I guess I stopped following that branch of Wilson's career after the second one.  I'll check it out though - thanks for the info!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 09:26:06 PM by John San »
-Valentino Rossi

Adam

• Road Captain
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 09:05:57 PM »
Yeah I've only listened to the second and part of the first album.   Not sure if the last one is good.