Author Topic: Friends Classic Rock & Steel drumming  (Read 922 times)

bikerdrumr

• Cruiser
Friends Classic Rock & Steel drumming
« on: July 15, 2012, 08:14:00 PM »
The band I'm in "Friends" is putting on a free concert in Green Acres park in Burlington Township on Wednesday July 18th at around 7:30. A new young band "32 degrees" will be opening for us at 6:30.

Now, being a music teacher means I know how to play other instruments. In this band I play trombone. Notice I DIDN'T say I'm a trombonist. Big difference! This group of guys I play with have been playing in this group since the 70's. I've only been in for a year. We play stuff from the 50's to now. They are a great group of guys and we have a great time playing the hits of the day. Springsteen, Beatles, Chicago, Bon Jovi, Wilson Pickett, Elvis, and many others.

Hope to see some of you there!

One more shameless self-promotional announcement. I've got a 'lil side business playing the Caribbean Steel Drum for weddings, parties and cocktail hours. Those of you throwing a tropical shin-dig might want to have some authentic calypso music played by an authentic white boy. lol! Give me a shout if you may be interested.

Dave (Bikerdrumr)

ThruxNJ

• Road Captain
Re: Friends Classic Rock & Steel drumming
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 01:51:21 PM »
Damn could have used you for my wedding last year. The steel drum player was a 1k extra. We opted not to go for it.
1973 Honda CB750
1983 Honda VF750 Interceptor (Can I bring her back?)
2005 Triumph Thruxton
2014 Triumph Tiger XC

bikerdrumr

• Cruiser
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 02:02:27 PM »
He must be amazing, or just WAY overpriced!  Or maybe I should raise my price to just half of that!  Sorry I didn't mention it earlier!

Dave

Miraclebill

• Administrator
  • Road Warrior
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 04:00:32 PM »
Not enough hipsters in your area, Dave. You are comparing urban northern rates with South Jersey ones.
2004 Thruxton                                 2004 Thunderbird Sport
1972 Yamaha XS 650                        2009 Moto Guzzi Griso
2010 Bonneville T100 sidecar rig
numerous oddities

Tremainiac

• Road Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 05:38:39 PM »
Piney hipsters!?
Too frightening to contemplate... Now I can't get the image out of my head!

With steel drums...  :o
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 05:40:12 PM by Tremainiac »
Hey Mister... My sister has a Harley just like yours!

bikerdrumr

• Cruiser
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 12:38:05 PM »
In case any of you were interested in attending the concert tonight, it was postponed until Thursday, July 26th at 6:30.  This is due to the threat of bad weather.